Sunday, September 25, 2011

Summer

 Well the summer wasn't really packed with lots of things.  We were in the process of moving again.  Between packing and showing the rental we were living in, that was busy enough.  One fun activity we did was make homemade ice cream in a bag. 
winter gloves a must!  it gets pretty cold!  Ha


I think the kids were doubting me, but in the end they were pleasantly surprised.  It made some yummy ice cream. 



The Recipe

2 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Put into zip lock baggie and close tightly
In a larger baggie put
1/2 cup course salt
fill bag half way with ice cubes
Shake for 5 minutes!

2 comments:

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Yum! I love homemade ice cream! We need to do this again. Sometimes after I try things they become the "one hit wonder" and I never do them again for no reason at all. This is a definite repeat!

Jill said...

So interesting! But do you add the two ingredients? You have two separate bags? And then when do you add them together?