For fathers day I was hoping for a family bbq in our back yard. Well with our crazy, unpredictable weather we had to stay inside due to cold and rain. I don't think anyone minded squeezing inside. We had steak and chicken which is nothing rare, but we served it already sliced. It is such a great way to feed such a crowd because everyone can have a little of both with out having a ton of meat. For dessert we had banana boats--but not just any banana boat. They were stuffed with marshmallows and rolos and then we served it over vanilla ice cream! Yum! We got the rolo idea from a friend. So much for our out door party--but I think everyone still had a fun time!
| favor for the dads--"thanks for being a super dad" Directions:*Recipe adapted from http://www.picky-palate.com/ I got this recipe from Deals to Meals--great resource for saving on groceries and has great recipes. I made the burgers a little smaller so we probably got a couple more then she suggests! The Ultimate Cowboy Burgers 1/2 lb. bacon 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey 2 T. minced garlic 2 T. Worcestershire sauce 1 t. salt 1/2 t. pepper 1/2 c. shredded cheese plus 1/2 c. for topping burgers 4 hamburger buns 4 T. mayonnaise 1 c. lettuce 4 slices tomato, 1/2 inch thick 4 baked onion rings (optional-can use onion slices) 2-4 T. BBQ sauce Preheat grill to medium high. Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisped. Drain bacon. Bake or fry onion rings as packaged directs (optional). In a large bowl combine the beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Form into 4 patties and grill for 4-5 minutes each side. During the last few minutes, add additional cheddar cheese to melt on top of burgers. Place mayonnaise onto both sides of split rolls and layer lettuce, tomato, burger, onion rings then BBQ sauce on bottom rolls. Place roll on top and serve! Makes 4 burgers |
2 comments:
happy birthday to brent! by the way, you still need to post the recipe!
Good grief Stacey this sounds so good I want to go home and make it right now!!! What a fun bday party and Father's day!!
Post a Comment