Friday, March 4, 2011

11

I can not believe I have an 11 year old!  I know I probably say that every time one of my kids has a birthday, but this one is crazy to me.  I cried for 2 years because I wanted a baby so bad and here I am 11 years later with 4 kids.  It really has gone by so fast--it does not feel like 11 years--I think those 2 years of no baby felt longer! 

I love party planning, but I was stumped for an 11 year old.  I didn't think that he would want a type of party I like to plan.  Since we don't have a finished basement I knew room would be limited so we rented a room at Noahs.  I think it was perfect for them.  It had a pool table and a movie screen that we hooked the Wii up to.  I also tried to make sure we had plenty of food and drink.  Which was all consumed!  I think after age 10 the "hang out" birthday party is what it is all about. 



getting them to look at the camera was worse then a bunch of 3 year olds!

Austin is such a great kid.  He is sensitive to others feelings.  He is grateful.  His prayers are so sweet.  I love to hear all of the things he is thankful for like his legs and clothes.  He is a loyal person.  When he is part of a team he just cares so much for the team.  Not necessarily in a competitive way (although he loves to win) but just in a caring way.  He has the hardest 5th grade teacher, but he is working his guts out.  He is so smart, but knows that he has to work even harder to keep up with this teacher.  He is so innocent and I love that.  I don't want him to have to see the real world yet, but of course you can't shelter them forever.  I love this kid and am so grateful he is my oldest.  I just hope I havent' screwed him up with all my parenting experimenting!
Happy Birthday Austin! 

 

5 comments:

brooke said...

Happy Birthday to Austin! I can't believe how fast time flies! Noahs sounds like the perfect party from here on out! Hope you guys are doing well! We miss you!

Jill said...

Looks like such a fun party! Wish I could have "hung out" too!!! Austin is a great kid and like I've always said..."I want to put a brick on his head!!!"

Kate said...

What a fun party! What a great idea! With boys all you need is room and food!! Can't wait to get together!!!

sue chappell said...

Austin is a wonderful kid. So tender hearted and kind. He must tell me he loves me 10 times when he is with me - I love that kid so much!! I can't believe he is 11 either! I'm so proud of him.
NANA

Amy @ OurScoop said...

11? Wow! Austin no matter how old you get, remember your Aunt Amy loves you the most!