Last week I had the opportunity to be a part of the New Born Kits at Women's Conference. I have never attended Women's Conference but this year my friend Heather was a part of getting it all together (the new born kits) and I asked if I could help. It is amazing all of the "behind the scenes" things that go on (and I just did a very small portion of it). First we took a tour of the Humanitarian Center. That was so interesting and inspiring. I hope to take my kids some time. Then on Wednesday I helped my station supervisor (Shelly, Heather's Sister) set up our station. We had blankets, cloth diapers, a baby gown, safety pins, socks, a hat and soap. Enough to make about 1200 + kits. It was crazy--and that was just my station. The next day was when the Conference participants could come and assemble the kits. We had one group of ladies that stayed the whole time (about 2 1/2 hours??--I lost track of time) and then we had some that came and went. It was a really neat experience. I am thankful that I could be a part of it. I hope next year I will be able to attend some of the classes.

Shelly, Heather and Me! Thanks ladies for making it so fun!
2 comments:
You are AWESOME for volunteering! I have been sewing dolls for our stake--from the pattern on the church humanitarian site--and I've been a little floored at how the spirit of service is at work in me.
I am not a very service-oriented person (boo, me), but once you start in on something, it's catching.
You look beautiful, by the way.
Stacey-- what a great opportunity!! Good for you!
Post a Comment