Friday, July 17, 2009

fish lake 2009


Once again we had our annual fish lake camping trip! It was really cold this year. It was fine during the day, but the nights were freezing.


We shared a motor home with Brent's parents--a little on the crowded side, but still a lot of fun. It rained the first day (Saturday) we were there, so just the boys went 4wheeling and shooting guns (yikes) and the girls stayed back and played games.


On Sunday we went to church in the lodge and afterwards went to Fruita. We had a picnic lunch there and played games. It was a nice break from the dirt and freezing cold. Everyone was able to wade in the water and splash around.
<

Monday we went for a ride on a pontoon boat and each kid was able to catch a little perch. I think that made the whole trip for them. Brent was able to catch a "real" fish (a Splake???) and he felt some redemption from all of the years that we have never caught fish. To end the day we had a fish fry with the cousins and we headed out. I am very proud of myself on this trip. I totally stepped out of my comfort zone and went on the boat and ate some fish (OK I was starving and they make great fish)--so there you go! Another successful fish lake trip. Even though we might complain about going--we are grateful for a fun family tradition and the kids just absolutely love it!




No comments: