Wednesday, September 24, 2008

soft side of grandpa



My dad is finding his soft side (brave side) and has been taking the two younger ones out to have fun, while giving me a couple of hours of quiet. They have had a great time and I have as well. He took them to the zoo this week. They rode the train, merry-go-round and saw all of the animals. Afterward he took them to get Mac and Cheese--their favorite! My dad said on the way back Kate said out of the blue "Thanks grandpa for taking us to the zoo". I think it is great for my kids to have some one on one with my dad to create these memories! Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

daveandbri said...

He really is a sweet guy and good for you for getting a break. These will be treasured memories of Grandpa when they're all grown up. We miss you guys!

Jill said...

I can't wait to see you and the kids! They are so cute in these pics!!!