Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've been busy

I have been busy doing little projects here and there. Maybe that's why my house feels like a mess.



This is the shirt I made for Kate's birthday party. she is having an ice cream party--like you couldn't tell. She already had the tank top and the rest is just scraps of fabric I already had!



I am having so much fun with my embroidery machine. Yes I wish I had the bigger hoop, but since it is just a hobby for me right now I couldn't justify paying that much for a machine. So my friends daughter is getting baptized on Saturday so I monogrammed a towel for her to use after she is baptized. It wasn't perfect, but I am really still learning how to use the machine. It was fun though.



Speaking of embroidery. I have had three pillows like this on my couch. They were made from curtains I had in my old house. I had left the center one undone so I could have a big scrolly C embroidered on to it. I knew that it will probably never happen, so I finally did something with my own machine. Well here again is where I run into problems having a small hoop again. Big pillow, small word, so I improvise and put the ric rac around it so that it does not look as bad. I chose the word Nest to remind me to make a home for my family no matter where we are.

No comments: